Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Tuesday, May 14

I have been out all day learning about the new common core standards that are being implemented next year. Oh joy--new Math, English/Language Arts, Science and Social Studies! It was pretty overwhelming so be prepared for new thinking, ideas and a ton of new stuff, next year. Mr. Martin was in my shoes today (I doubt he wears my heels nearly as nicely, however) and here is what they were supposed to have done today, according to my plans. In Math, they were continuing their work with their Geometrical Town. In Read Aloud, we began mysteries yesterday so he read Grandpa's Teeth and they worked with a smaller mystery to help understand the elements of mysteries. In Reader's Workshop, they met with their book groups to finish up and set up final meeting deadlines and then worked on the travel brochures for the upcoming 4th graders. In Writer's Workshop, they began their persuasive writing persuading me to send them on to 5th grade. In Science, they took the seeds they soaked and opened them up to see what was inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment