Friday, May 24, 2013

TGIFriday, May 24

Today was a little more meatier than yesterday and we did some fun stuff as well as work. In Math, we completed our Geometrical Towns. They look really good! I was wondering if we should have a day next week, where you all can come check out the projects we've been working on... email me if you think you'd be available to stop by during the school day Tuesday or Wednesday next week. They have been working so hard and their towns and other things show it. After lunch, we were the "mystery readers" for our buddies and went down to read a book to our first grade buddies. Then, we came back to the room for our Student Council Drop Everything And Read time from 1:00-2:00. I even read the beginning of The Great Gatsby that I'm reading for my next book club. Next, we headed to the Media Center where Mrs. Dorr worked with us on ebooks. They are online books that kiddos can access through the internet, through our library so that they can read ebooks over the summer! They can even access them on ipads! I know I'm going to be reading some over the summer. Finally, we came back to our room and read some more of The Westing Game. We are only on chapter 10 and like page 60... I'm a little worried that we won't finish but hey, maybe it will give them incentive to read something over the summer! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment